By Dr. Brenda Kingen
Do you suffer from headaches? Dr. Brenda Kingen teaches that relief is possible, without resorting to hazardous medications. Read on to learn winning all-natural solutions to head pain.
1. Get Adjusted Regularly. Studies have found that the root of many headaches lies not in the head but in the neck (cervical spine). Scientific research shows that chiropractic adjustments slash neck pain and headaches.
2. Conduct Neck Posture Checks. Analyses have shown that 77 percent of all headache sufferers studied had a marked reduction, absence or reversal of their normal cervical spine curves. “Forward Head Posture” or “Text Neck” are terms that have been coined to reflect these changes.
3. Pass Up Painkillers. Studies show that prescription and over-the-counter pain medicine may instigate headaches. This is called medication-overuse headache (MOH).
4. Watch Out for Other Drugs. A plethora of commonly used medications may also spark headaches. These include blood pressure, heart, decongestants, allergy, HRT and oral contraceptives.
5. Prevent Eye Strain. Vision problems or eye strain from excessive computer work may spark headaches.
6. Limit Alcohol and Avoid Smoke. Red wine and beer contain the chemical histamine which is a culprit for migraine sufferers.
7. Exercise Every Day. Daily aerobic exercise staves off headaches, according to research.
8. Limit VOC Exposure. Chemical fumes, such as from gas, cleaning products, perfumes, paint and off-gassing of toxins from carpets and synthesized fabrics may incite headaches.
9. Don’t Skimp on Sleep. Morning headaches may also indicate sleep apnea.
10. Manage Anger and Stress. Employ stress reduction techniques such as yoga, t’ai chi, biofeedback, medication and prayer.
11. Cut the Coffee. Although caffeine may alleviate headaches, regular caffeine intake can cause drug rebound tension headaches and may also trigger migraines.
12. Dissect Your Diet. Some foods may provoke headaches, particularly migraines. Examples include cheese, chocolate, refined carbohydrates, gluten, MSG, nitrates and sugar substitutes, such as aspartame.
13. Check Your Blood Pressure. Hypertension has long been associated with headaches.
Call Kingen Chiropractic today and experience it for yourself. It works!
Kingen Chiropractic Wellness Center
2001 S. Hanley Rd., Ste. 220
Brentwood, MO 63144