Eleven Chiropractic Fun Facts
By Dr. Nick Barnes
1. The term “chiropractic” is a combination of two Grecian words: cheir which means hand, and praktos which means done, coming together to mean “Done by Hand”. Fitting, right?
2. The first chiropractic adjustment was given in 1895 by Daniel David Palmer (the father of Chiropractic!) who helped a janitor, Harvey Lillard, regain his hearing after a neck injury he suffered 17 years prior.
3. Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) go through a minimum of 4,200 hours of classroom, lab and clinical internships during their 4-year doctoral graduate school program. Perspective: If you combine all that time, that’s 175 days straight.
4. It is estimated that Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) treat over 35 million Americans (adults and children) annually.
5. There are about 95,000 doctors of chiropractic in active practice across the globe, and about 10,000 students are currently enrolled in chiropractic education programs in the United States alone.
6. 32 National Football League teams utilize chiropractic services! All 32 teams have their own chiropractor to boost performance, maintain wellness, and treat musculoskeletal strain and injury.
7. Unbeknownst to quite a few, infants can benefit greatly from chiropractic care. It makes sense—birth can be pretty hard on a little body! The adjustment is adapted to suit their needs and is perfectly safe.
8. Each day, over one million adjustments take place across the globe. That’s a whole lot of healing!
9. Chiropractic is recognized and regulated by law in over 40 countries! And in the United States, D.Cs are licensed in all 50 of them!
10. An injured worker is 28 times less likely to have spinal surgery if the first point of contact is a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC), rather than a surgeon.
11. Treatment for low back pain (a common symptom treated by chiropractic care) initiated by a DC costs up to 20 percent less than when started by a MD.
Dr. Nick Barnes is on a mission to transform the way his patients view and manage their health in order to prevent and reverse sickness and disease so that they can live to their God- given potential without the use of drugs or surgery!
Health From Within Family Chiropractic
9586 Manchester Rd
St. Louis, MO, 63119